The Carrier Capacity Representative at PLS is responsible for locating, qualifying, and managing a book of carrier partners to haul within the PLS network as defined by their region.
This is a Monday – Friday, 07:45AM – 5:15 PM role. (WEEKEND AND AFTER-HOURS, BASED ON BUSINESS NEEDS)
More on what you will do:
- Use a regional approach to build and maintain a book of carrier partners; develop and maintain past carrier relationships while continuing to build a solid pipeline of potential new carrier partners.
- Leverage carrier relationships to source capacity for on-time pickup and delivery of freight
- Dispatch shipments to motor carriers by following customer service requirements and carrier utilization plans to achieve performance and profit objectives.
- Track and trace all loads in order to maintain on-time pickups and deliveries; provide assistance with service issues and provide resolution to carrier problems.
- Monitor carrier performance and report carrier failures.
- Maintain productive working relationships with motor carriers and PLS employees.
- Analyze PLS and carrier network to secure published rates and guaranteed capacity commitments.
As the Dispatcher/Carrier Capacity Representative, you will be expected to have prior experience with:
- Microsoft Office + Teams
- General business skills – interpersonal, leadership, supervisory, communication, and organizational skills
Exceptional candidates will have:
- Previous experience in a dispatcher role or transportation industry
What’s in it for you?
PLS is annually recognized as a leading third-party logistics provider and a top employer. PLS strives to provide all employees with the resources and opportunities they need to thrive and do their best work, including:
- Unlimited PTO (as approved by manager)
- Full medical, dental, and vision coverage
- 401k plan with employer match
- Tuition reimbursement
Why do you belong at PLS?
We are building a diverse and inclusive workplace where all employees feel they belong. Across all PLS offices, employees enjoy:
- Casual dress attire
- Themed dress days – such as sport jersey day and ugly sweater day
- Team activities in the office and outside the office
- Music playing throughout the sales floors
- Community outreach and volunteer initiatives
PLS Logistics Services is An Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer and participates in the E-Verify Employment Verification Program.